SIMULATION SeitKilo possibly involved in Al’s Sporting Goods toxic mosquito repellant

By Erin West

Public relations company SeitKilo asked Jim Swenson, who works at Al’s Sporting Goods in Logan, to cover up an incident about merchandise tainted by toxic mosquito repellant.

According to Swenson, employees had sprayed the repellant on clothing because of a recent mosquito outbreak due to warmer weather.

“I just can’t live with the advice my PR gave me to just cover it up,” Swenson said. “I told them I was scared that it was our fault. They decided it was probably not us and just the air quality. They told me to get rid of all my merchandise and just get it out of the store. I just couldn’t live with that. People need to throw it out or burn it or something. I understand I’ll probably go to jail and there will be consequences but I have to do what’s right now.”

Jim Swenson is now confirmed dead.

“SietKilo recommended I sweep this matter under the rug, blame it on ‘air quality,’ and have another sale to move merchandise,” he said in an email sent to media outlets before ending his own life. “I could not live with this decision, and after hearing that another police officer has died, I can’t live at all. I am responsible for all the deaths and sickness in Cache Valley, and I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

Residents of Logan have recently been experiencing strange instances of losing consciousness, including three-fourths of the police force which caused a car accident and the death of another.

“It got on all of our clothing merchandise and we took it to drycleaners to get it cleaned up but I’m afraid that this toxic mosquito repellant has caused a lot of health issues,” Swenson said before his death. “We’ve been trying to contact chemists who’ve had experience with this and they said a tainted batch could be fatal or toxic, especially for kids.”

According to Swenson, the merchandise was sold two days ago and he went to SeitKilo first and the company said he shouldn’t do anything and asked him to sell all of the clothing as soon as he could.

“At the time we didn’t believe it was linked to his company,” said Katie Feinauer, the managing director of the company.

“I just can’t live with covering it up,” Swenson said. “I feel so guilty.”

Katrina Patrick, a pediatrician at Logan Regional Hospital, said that Swenson’s description of symptoms of shortness of breath and wheezing in patients he saw earlier today.

“Patients came in with a weird smell that smelled like pesticide,” he said.

Patrick said that blood work is currently in the lab and they will have results in about two hours.

loganledgerususimulation@gmail.com

Advertisements